• It is difficult to prove a positive.
• It is impossible to prove a negative.
• Believing something doesn’t make it true, e.g., believing the earth is round does not make it round, and believing the earth is flat does not make it flat.
As I understand it, there are three kinds of atheists. You can recognize them by what they say:
1. “I don’t believe in God.” “Don’t” modifies “believe.” It does not modify God. This kind of atheist is really saying, “There is a God in whom I do not believe.” He is not really an atheist.
2. “I believe there is no God.” Here, “no” modifies “God.” It is a belief statement. This man is really saying, “I have a positive belief in nothing (or “matter” or “naturalism” or Darwinism). That is a greater faith than I have.
3. “There is no God.”That is a dogmatic statement about a supposed “fact.” Once someone makes a statement…