Each year we receive fewer cards. I assume it if for several reasons.
1. The sender has died or has become too old to bother.
2. The sender has not heard from us.
3. The sender has replaced the card with a Xeroxed family letter (good, but not as colorful).
4. The sender has replaced the card with an e-mail Christmas letter. Good!
5. Postage is too expensive, so are the cards.
6. This is great! The sender sends full color pictures of his family.
However, I have another point. Collectively, the cards are colorful. Individually (except for the personal note) many are awful, banal, or just plain wrong.
I have in front of me two Christmas cards. One of them has three wise men follow…