Jim Wilson is the retired director of Community Christian Ministries in Moscow, Idaho. He will be posting regularly, so check back in soon!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Eternal Questions

In the past few years I have found myself asking basic questions several times a day. These questions are always asked when I am driving my car.

They are: Where am I?
Why am I here?
Where am I going?
How do I get there?

The questions are asked because I do not know the answers. The answers come to me quickly. Looking at my surroundings, I find where I am. A little reflection tells me I am there because I am going some place. A little more remembering tells me why I got into the car and where I intended to go. The last question is harder to answer. Why? I find out that I have already passed up my destination or the car decided I was going someplace else. This is inconvenient, but I do figure it out and I do get where I am going. It is not deadly.

In my teenage years I knew where I was, but I did know why. It took me several years to find out where I was going and how to get there. I had been 20 years old for about two weeks when I received Christ. Since than I have been sure I am going to Heaven and Jesus is the way.

If you would like to know the answers to these eternal questions please send me an e-mail.

No comments: