Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” (Matt 28:18)Following this statement from Jesus, we have commands from the Supreme Commander, the one with all authority: Therefore “go,” “make disciples,” “baptize,” “teach them to obey everything.” When Jesus was on earth, the people saw his authority:
• To teach (March 1:22)We are to believe and obey the one with all authority.
• To cast out demons (Mark 1:27)
• To forgive sins (Mark 1:10)
• Over the wind and the waves (Mark 4:41)
• To raise the dead (Mark 5:41)
• To heal the sick (Mark 5:30)
• To not let the demons speak (Mark 1:34)
• “I have authority to lay [My life] down and authority to take it up again” (John 10:18).