Skip to main content

An Update on My Ministry

This is an update from my son Douglas on my health and the plans for continuing my literature publishing ministry with Community Christian Ministries. If you would like to talk to me more about this or just for fellowship, you can reach me at (208) 882-4383 or jimwilson27@frontier.com.

Dear saints,

My name is Douglas Wilson, and I am writing you with an update about my father’s health, and about our plans for the future of his ministry. I serve on CCM’s executive committee, and we recently made some important decisions in this regard, and so I wanted to take this opportunity to pass this information on to you.

As most of you know, Jim Wilson is now on hospice care. He is getting progressively weaker, but is still able to live at home, where he continues to counsel and minister to others. We don’t know when he will go to be with the Lord—it could be any time, and it could be a while yet. My wife and I have been living with him the last nine months, and are happy to report that he is a matured and autumnal Christian, sweet as a nut, continuing to practice what he has taught for so many decades.

In the meantime, following the desires of the full CCM board, the executive committee has recently made a plan to ensure that Jim Wilson’s literature ministry continues after he is gone. Over the course of his life, my father has given countless books away, many thousands of them, and we would love it if he could give away many more than that from Heaven.

His book Principles of War has been an underground classic on strategic evangelism for many years, and has been continuously in print since it was first published in the 1960’s. And his life-changing How to be Free from Bitterness has been distributed all over the world, translated into 21 languages, with many hundreds of thousands of copies going out.

As most of you know, in recent years CCM has also been able to put out a number of additional titles by him. We have been able to do this because we are sitting on top of a vast aquifer of material that my father has produced over the years—but so far we only have a handful of wells drilled. Titles produced from this kind of material have included Weapons and Tactics, Dead and Alive, Taking Men Alive, and Being Christian.

The reason I am writing you is because there is a lot more where that came from. The finishing touches are now being put on his autobiography Grace Upon Grace, and we are also finalizing his How to be Free, a book that addresses any number of besetting sins in the same way he addressed the problems of bitterness earlier. “Here’s what the Bible says about it. Let’s do it that way.”

In light of all this, the executive committee decided to fund Lisa Just as a working editor for two full years after my father is with the Lord. That editor is being charged to assemble all the available material we can find and to put it into publishable form. We believe that we have at least ten more books beyond what I have mentioned here, and too many booklets to count. In addition, we also have a book or two written by my mother Bessie Wilson. We believe there is a genuine literary legacy here, and we wanted you to know that we have every intention of being faithful to it.

What can you do?

If you want to be informed about each new publication as we send them off to the printer, you can join CCM’s mailing list here. We will announce them as they come.

If you would like to distribute any of these titles in bulk, please contact us at ccm@moscow.com. We will be happy to work out a bulk discount with you.

If you would like to help ensure the completion of this project, you are welcome to give a gift to CCM, and designate it for Jim Wilson Literature Legacy. We have two years funded already, and we are going to try to complete the work within that time frame. But keep in mind the quarry is deep and the rocks are heavy.

Please pray for us in this endeavor. For many reasons, we believe it is one of the more important works that CCM is involved in.

Cordially in Christ,

Douglas Wilson


Comments

Ray Johnson said…
We have known Jim for a long time. Have read much of his writings. Through a Navy career and then 8 years as the Center Director of OCF’s east coast conference center White Sulphur Springs, have had the privilege to sit under Jim’s teaching, I’m looking forward to his autobiography.

Ray Johnson

Popular posts from this blog

Why Is Obedience So Hard?

There are several reasons why obedience seems hard. I will comment on some of them and then speak positively on how obedience is easy. We think: 1) Obedience is an infringement on freedom. Since we are free in Christ, and obedience is somehow contrary to that freedom, we conclude that obedience is not good. Yet we know it is good. Thus, we become confused about obedience and are not single-minded. 2) Obedience is works. We who have been justified by grace through faith are opposed to works; therefore, we are opposed to obedience. 3) We have tried to obey and have failed—frequently. Therefore, the only solution is to disobey and later confess to receive forgiveness. It is easier to be forgiven by grace than to obey by effort. 4) We confuse obedience to men with obedience to God. Although these are sometimes one and the same (see Romans 13, 1 Peter 2-3, Ephesians 5-6, Colossians 3, and Titus 2), sometimes they are not the same (see Colossians 2:20-23, Mark 7, 1 Timothy 4:1-5, a

Getting Old

This is a post for those who are getting old or considering themselves old, from 65-100. Right now, I am 91.* I will be 92 in October. I have my own house, but I cannot live in it alone because of my physical inability to move around. One of my sons lives with me. All of us will have to make some adjustments. That includes money, relatives, your own ability and willpower to stay independent, etc. My advice is if physically and financially you can live independently, you should certainly do that. If you do, you will still need to have visits from your family frequently. You need your family. Even if you don’t need them to take care of you, you need them for the fellowship. The more fellowship you have, the longer you’ll live. If you can stay independent do it, but only if friends and relatives can see you often. In my case, I can’t walk, and I can’t do much physically. So, whether I like it or not, someone else has to get me up, get me showered, and get me dressed. I am blessed to have

Three Types of People Christians Aren't Loving

There are three types of people in the world that Christians do not love with the Gospel . The first type are the people we witness to but do not love. The second type are the unbelievers that we do not witness to. The third are people we love but do not witness to. That sounds like doubletalk. Let’s change it. 1) We witness to people we love. 2) We love everybody and witness to them with love. As Christians, we have the fruit of the Spirit—love. We are commanded to love our neighbors and our enemies. The first thing is to have the love. The second is to choose to love our neighbors and enemies. Sometimes we can’t make the choice because we have lost the fruit of the Spirit, love. We lack the fruit of the Spirit of love because we are under the chastening of the Lord because of unconfessed sin. In order to get the love back, we must confess sin. Once we get the love back, we can choose to love our neighbors and enemies and preach the gospel to them.   Written December 22,