My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart. (Jeremiah 24:6-7)
This was written of the exiles of Judah in Babylon, so it does not apply directly to us. However, since God does not change, we can learn something about Him from it.
• He watches over His people for their good.
• He will build them up.
• He will not tear them down.
• He will plant them.
• He will not uproot them.
• He will give them a heart to know Him.
• He will have them for His people.
• He will be their God because they will return to Him with all their heart.
We are His people, too. God is good.